Saturday, November 17, 2012

Creation is Freedom--Gen. 1


 I decided that there is no time like the present: I'm going to read through the entire Bible. So I read Genesis 1.

I've read the chapter so many times. Heard the story so many times. I honestly wondered what I could gain from the story of creation. I asked God what He wanted me to learn, and as I read, the thought came pretty clear to me.

Creation--namely, re-creation--is freedom.

Creation is freedom.

I've been in the process of being freed. God has been tearing down my prisons. And I want that freedom. But I need to submit to the creation process before it can ultimately be completed.

1: "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth…"
In the beginning, God created me.

2: "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters…"
My spiritual life, my walk with God, had no form, and was void of any lasting or visual results. Darkness hung over my heart, my life. And yet, the Spirit of God was still moving upon my heart.

3: "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light…"
God said, and it was so. God gave me light, from an undefined source. Just light.

11: "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb-yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed was in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."
God bid me to start bearing fruit. To start giving evidence of the work He is doing in me.

27: "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them…"
God wants to turn me into the express image of Himself.

31: "And God saw everything that He had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day."
God wants to be able to present His final creation, that is, me, to the world someday, and say, "Behold, she is very good." 

Once that work is completed in me, I will be free. "If the Son shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." 

Creation is freedom. RE-creation is freedom.

Lord God, continue to create me. Continue to mold and shape me. "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." May Your creation--Your creative powers--be the thing that finally crumbles my chains and cracks my fetters, and splits this prison in two for good. Help me to remember, when You are working and I am tired of waiting, that creation is freedom: and that if I am willing, creation will free me in the end.

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful! I was awaiting the paul harvey tho...that our end is to rest in God, that our reward will be a blessing & glorious sanctification, His image reflected perfectly from our coming apart, away from the world! Gen.2:1-3. A definite mark to keep pressing towards...

    ReplyDelete