Sunday, November 25, 2012

Look for the Rainbow--Gen. 9


 
"I do set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between Me and the earth." Gen. 9:13

The face of the earth is ragged, torn, and changed. A vast wilderness, when compared to the beauty and verdure that once existed there. Rain now would fall on a regular basis--and in His mercy for man, God made a promise.

Had the Lord not given us this promise, we would constantly fear the darkened clouds, the drops of rain. They might mean another flood like the one of old. But God vowed never to destroy the world with water again. And, like a sparkling band, a rainbow arched the darkened heavens.

God promised that every time the clouds gathered in the sky, we would see a rainbow. Today, whenever it rains, not everyone sees a rainbow...but of a certainty, it is there. God promised, after all. His promises never fail.

I look up at dark clouds. Feel drops of water. And truly, I fear that utter destruction cometh.

But no: I must keep faith. I must look for the promise--the blessing. The rainbow.

It's always there, when the clouds overspread the sky. Even when you see it not.

Oh Lord, teach me to look for the rainbow--and believe in it even when I can't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment